Lexington, KY – Nov. 1, 2022 – The 139th National Horse Show resumed Tuesday, November 1st, as hunter and jumper athletes from across the country flocked to the fields of the Kentucky Horse Park for another week of competition. Kicking off the show in style, Soane and Holly Orlando lead the pack in the Goshen Hill Green Hunter 3’6” division while Chappy and Greg Crolick topped the field in the Green Hunter 3’9” division.
Course designer Bobby Murphy (USA) built a traditional hunter track around the Alltech Arena, allowing horse-and-rider combinations to flow through the long lines and showcase their classic style while jumping in top form despite their lack of experience that qualifies them for the green divisions.
Orlando piloted the 7-year-old KWPN gelding owned by James Anderson to a high score of 86 points in the first round of the 3’6” division. Tight roll back turns and a trot jump were no challenge for the pair as they remained consistent to produce a score of 85 points in the handy round, clinching fourth place to lead the pack of fifteen going into day two.
Immediately following the awarding of the blue ribbon in the 3’6” handy, the 3’9” hunters took to the Alltech to try their hand at the courses. Crolick and Carole Chase’s Chappy took third place with a score of 89 points, and later won the handy round with a score of 90 – the third highest score of the day. No stranger to the winner’s circle, Crolick and the 11-year-old Mecklenburg gelding are competing at the National Horse Show after much success during the Pennsylvania National Horse Show [Harrisburg, PA], most recently topping the class in the $10,000 Pro Division 3’6”, 3’9”, and 4” Winner’s Stake.
Both height divisions will compete in their respective under saddle and stake classes Wednesday before the crowning of each prestigious Grand Green Hunter Championship at the 2022 National Horse Show.
Competition will resume Wednesday, November 2nd with the Goshen Hill Green Hunter 3’6” Under Saddle at 7 a.m. EST.
Goshen Hill Green Hunter 3’6”
Place / horse / rider / owner / score
1. Soane / Holly Orlando / James Anderson / 86.00
2. Bettina / Elizabeth Boyd / Mary Caroline Nolan / 85.00
3. Drumroll / Kelly Mullen / Mary Jane King / 84.00
4. Front Page / Colin Syquia / Cynthia Sulzberger / 83.00
5. Adler / Holly Orlando / James Anderson / 82.00
6. Casanova Royal / Scott Stewart / Stephanie Danhakl / 80.00
Goshen Hill Green Hunter 3’6” Handy
1. Corragio / Hunt Tosh / Redfield Farm / 88.00
2. MTM Hand Him Over / Elizabeth Boyd / Rebekah M Warren / 87.00
3. Spoken / Michael Britt-Leon / Kelly Sims / 86.00
4. Soane / Holly Orlando / Rivers Edge / 85.00
5. Drumroll / Kelly Mullen / Mary Jane King / 84.00
6. Front Page / Colin Syquia / Cynthia Sulzberger / 83.00
Goshen Hill Green Hunter 3’9”
1. Nottingham / Scott Stewart / Dr. Betsee Parker / 92.00
2. For Always / Scott Stewart / Dr. Betsee Parker / 91.00
3. Chappy / Greg Crolick / Carole Chase / 89.00
4. Paisley Park / Geoffrey Hesslink / Little Brook LLC / 88.50
5. Fable / Holly Orlando / James Anderson / 88.00
6. Silver Lining / Patricia Griffith / Callie Seaman / 87.00
Goshen Hill Green Hunter 3’9” Handy
1. Chappy / Greg Crolick / Carole Chase / 90.00
2. Silver Lining / Patricia Griffith / Callie Seaman / 88.00
3. For Always / Scott Stewart / Dr. Betsee Parker / 87.00
4. Champs Élysées / Patricia Griffith / Hallowell Lane Farm LLC / 85.00
5. Givenchy / Hunt Tosh / B R Farms LLC / 84.00
6. Fable / Holly Orlando / James Anderson / 83.50